I have been super motivated lately to use my voice for good and channel a bunch of positive energy on all my social medias as well.
Today’s post will be on ways to practice self care. I have been giving my self time to recover and be my best self lately. There are a few ways I do it and I wanted to share below. Be sure to comment and let me know what you do to recharge yourself too!
- Cupping- This is an ancient Chinese medicine technique that works well for reducing anxiety, fixing tension in the back, and for all around wellness. It is a therapy in which heated glass cups are applied to the skin along the the body, creating suction and then stimulating the flow of energy. I try to go in for cupping once a week through Classpass. They are usually 30 minute sessions which is more than enough for me. Beware – cupping does leave marks so make sure you only do it when you can easily cover your back. It is super detoxifying though and the marks will go away within 5 days :)
- Meditation- Meditation has been helping me so much lately! I have been trying lots of new meditation classes around LA – Sweat Theory in Hollywood, Liberate Hollywood, The Den Meditation, and Unplug Meditation are a few of my favorites. It really allows me to relax and become more in tune with myself. My favorite type of meditation is a Crystal Healing Meditation. It really grounds me, energizes me, and gives me direction when I am feeling lost. You must try out a meditation class, it will change your life!
- Sitting in the Sauna or Spa- I love detoxing my body and sitting in the sauna. You could sit in your local gym sauna or if you live in LA – there’s so many cool studios that offer a great sauna. It has endless benefits like calming the mind, reducing stress, and giving you clear skin. I try to go once a week if not more for this activity!
- Cryotherapy- This is when the body is exposed to extremely cold temperatures created by liquid nitrogen. It is supposed to help with sore muscles, energy, and even weight loss. I love to go in an ice chamber to release stress and give my day a head start. I have also tried cryo-facials, which are fun but a bit expensive so I do not do them often. If you have the time and money, and are curious, I do recommend trying the facials out ;) Anyways, this is one of those things that I like to indulge in once in awhile and it leaves me feeling good.
- Journaling- This one is completely FREE! All you have to do is write your thoughts in a notebook. There is no right or wrong way to do it. It is extremely liberating to let your emotions go and journal as a self care activity.
- Go for a walk- Another thing that is free and easy to do. If you go without your phone even better! Take a minute to disconnect and just enjoy the world around you for what it is.
- Face Masks- This is the best thing to do at home and watch some netflix with it also! I am loving so many face masks lately but especially obsessed with the Wander Beauty Lift off Purifying Mask, Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask, and Fresh Beauty Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask.
Okay thats it for my list! Please let me know what you guys do to unwind and relax. Also, have you tried any of these ?
Be sure to follow my instagram for more tips and tricks on wellness : @saffrononrose.
Talk soon xo.