Hi beautiful people!
Hope you are having a wonderful day. The last few weeks have been quite busy to say the least, (and I am not complaining ;)). This past Sunday, I was honored to be invited to speak at the Blogger Panel at Revelation LA (as you may have seen on my insta stories!).
Revelation LA is a trade show that showcases the best of fashion, music, and shopping in Los Angeles and it was hosted by ParkerWhitaker Productions. This year it took place at Siren Studios in Hollywood and I spoke among other boss babes including (Elaine from Fashion Laine, Lisa from by Lisa Linh, Gwen from The LA Girl, and Style Wax Poetic) that have also revolutionized the world of social media.
This was an intimate blogger panel but it was amazing how many diverse topics we were able to bring to the table. We all have such different aesthetics but could agree on the the basics of what brands want and how to be successful in the market with monetizing while still staying true to yourself. Some of the topics discussed included brand strategy, monetizing your blog, growing your following, and how to stay organized.
I had a wonderful time meeting with these lovely and inspiring women. I was also delighted to finally meet some brands I had worked with (Bedstu) but never had the chance to socialize in person (how crazy is that!)
Some of my dear friends also attended the event so support me in my blogging journey and that was seriously the kindest gesture. Annelina from Food Without Regrets, Valerie, and Julia Comil from House of Comil all came to support me. I was also so happy to bump into a few of my awesome instagram followers and we chatted more about the business of blogging.
Some of my favorite lessons from the blogger panel are below:
- Create a unique brand. Blogging is a business so you must treat it like one. Make sure you have an aesthetic that you go by and shape it according to what your audience loves to see. Focus on high quality imagery and keeping your instagram feed consistent.
- Stay true to yourself. Do not endorse products or go through with brand deals you do not believe in, just for money. Make sure you set your standards high and do not spread yourself too thin. It is important to stay refined.
- Study your audience. Take a look at your Google Analytics and Instagram Analytics. Who is actually following you? What posts do they love ? What is the median age range ? etc. All this information will help you understand your target audience.
- It is possible to blog and be successful at it while you are in school or have a full time job. Make to do lists, use apps like Planoly, Google Calendar etc. , and learn to manage your time better. If you have the drive and hustle, anything is possible.
- Do not worry about what people think of you. Many successful bloggers have to put their business first and cannot be caught up with people judging them. Do not worry about explaining what you do to people who do not respect you. Make time for what you love and go through with your passions.
- Remember to unplug. As social media influencers, it is truly a struggle to take off from work since we are always working and creating content but it is important to sit back and relax sometimes so you do not get burned out.
- If you are not inspired, take a trip or even a small staycation or just go outdoors, or to a new coffee shop. Do something to change your mindset and get back at it.
Thanks so much for reading lovelies and I hope these tips sincerely helped you. I am so thankful to everyone who has been supporting me and making Saffron on Rose what it is today. This is seriously just the beginning and there is a lot more in the works right now. Stay tuned for everything and please feel free to message me if you have any questions about the world of blogging!
Lots of love xx